- Officers and Staff
- Update Your Personal Information
- Recommend a Potential New Member
- Find a College Chapter or Alumnae Group
- The Kappa Alpha Theta Magazine
- Theta Marketplace
- Photo Zone
- National Panhellenic Conference
- Alumnae Dues
- Volunteer Interest Indicator (Online)
- Theta Discussions
- Kappa Alpha Theta Registry
Reading Women is an online book club for Thetas. The club was created to connect members—both collegians and alumnae—from all around the world to share thoughts, ideas, and just generally engage with one another in a new and unique way.
What genres of books will the club read?
The goal is to incorporate as many types of books as possible: from historical non-fiction to science fiction. We want to make the topics as diverse and relevant as possible, and make the club appealing to all members.
The first round of books (six books—one discussed every other month) has been selected by Fraternity staff and volunteers, but suggestions from the general membership are strongly encouraged.
The selections are not limited to books written by Thetas, or even books written by women—all books are welcome!
Books are selected one year in advance so that members can plan ahead. See the schedule in the sidebar on the right.
If you know of a book that would make a great selection, please email email@example.com.
How can I participate?
You can participate in the book club in one of two ways:
- Individuals may choose to participate in the online discussions, which will take place on the Reading Women Facebook group. During the live virtual discussion, a question will be posted every few minutes for members to write their opinions, respond to other women’s comments, etc. The live discussion will take place on a specific date (see schedule) at 8:30pm (Eastern) and will last for about 30 minutes.
- Chapters may also participate in Reading Women live and in person after the virtual discussion. A PDF of the discussion questions and answers are posted in the Facebook group after the virtual discussion.
Contact us with questions, suggestions, or ideas for future book selections!