Sisters Supporting Sisters
Kappa Alpha Theta's mission is
...to nurture each member throughout her college and alumnae experience
...and to offer a lifelong opportunity for social, intellectual, and moral growth...
Kappa Alpha Theta has embarked on a mental health initiative—Sisters Supporting Sisters—to increase the dialogue concerning and support for all aspects of mental health, with the goals of
- Creating a safe environment for members to discuss mental health issues
- Providing guidance for recognizing signs of and helping members with mental health challenges and disorders
- Supporting members facing mental health challenges and disorders
Through the generous support of Kappa Alpha Theta Foundation, Sisters Supporting Sisters has joined with AllOneHealth, a telephonic professional counseling service, to provide all collegian Kappa Alpha Theta members with confidential and tailored counseling services any time of the day or night at no charge to our members. The counselors at the All One Health call line—Talk One-2-One—work with callers to address all mental health issues, including but not limited to stress, anxiety, cutting, depression, substance abuse, eating disorders, and personal relationships. Additionally, the counselors at Talk One-2-One can provide support to college chapter advisors who are assisting college chapter leaders with addressing mental health issues.
View webinars on topics including addictions, anger management, bullying and stalking, domestic violence, and more on the AllOneHealth website.Resources and Guidance for College Chapters and Advisors
Sisters Supporting Sisters provides online resource materials for college chapters and advisors to openly discuss, recognize, and provide guidance for members facing mental health challenges and disorders. Through partnerships Kappa Alpha Theta has developed with mental health professionals and organizations, Sisters Supporting Sisters is the first Greek initiative dedicated to promoting all aspects of mental health and wellness.More to Come
The Sisters Supporting Sisters initiative is new and evolving! In the future, Sisters Supporting Sisters will:
- Enhance and expand online resource materials for college chapters and advisors
- Develop and introduce educational curriculum on a wide spectrum of mental health issues, for use by members and non-members alike
- Continue discussions to partner with a leading national mental health organization
- Unveil a mental health awareness program to be used by all Kappa Alpha Theta college chapters