Kappa Alpha Theta , 607 N Russell St
West Lafayette, Indiana 47906-2826
May 22, 1915
The 1915 installation of Alpha Chi Chapter at Purdue University in West Lafayette, Indiana, took place 35 years after a secret initiation of six Purdue women in the 1880s. Those first initiates, who kept their secret for so many years, surely welcomed a recognized chapter they could call their own.
From the very beginning, Theta alumnae have distinguished themselves in their careers and their volunteer endeavors. In fact, some are so well-known that they’re household names, and many have the distinction of being the first women in their professional fields. The archives takes this opportunity to recognize some of our more notable sisters.
Alpha Chi Historical Documents from the Archives
Click on the documents below for a variety of historical documents about the chapter.