An eager group of students at Ohio State University received a charter as Alpha Gamma Chapter in 1892, after meeting the then-requirement of "eight women ready to become charter members." In 1901, Alpha Gamma was appointed the editing chapter of Theta’s quarterly publication.
From the very beginning, Theta alumnae have distinguished themselves in their careers and their volunteer endeavors. In fact, some are so well-known that they’re household names, and many have the distinction of being the first women in their professional fields. The archives takes this opportunity to recognize some of our more notable sisters.
Alpha Gamma Historical Documents from the Archives
Click on the documents below for a variety of historical documents about the chapter.