A local society at the University of Oregon in Eugene became the Alpha Xi Chapter in 1909. It was the third chapter to be installed that year. Alpha Xi closed in 1997 and was reestablished in January 2012, nearly 103 years after it was originally established as a local society.
From the very beginning, Theta alumnae have distinguished themselves in their careers and their volunteer endeavors. In fact, some are so well-known that they’re household names, and many have the distinction of being the first women in their professional fields. The archives takes this opportunity to recognize some of our more notable sisters.
Alpha Xi Historical Documents from the Archives
Click on the documents below for a variety of historical documents about the chapter.