In 1919, a charter for Beta Eta Chapter was granted to local Lambda Iota at the University of Pennsylvania, located in Philadelphia. Penn was founded in 1751 on principles outlined by Benjamin Franklin, which were aimed to prepare students for business and public service. Beta Eta left the campus in 1970 but returned in 1988.
From the very beginning, Theta alumnae have distinguished themselves in their careers and their volunteer endeavors. In fact, some are so well-known that they’re household names, and many have the distinction of being the first women in their professional fields. The archives takes this opportunity to recognize some of our more notable sisters.
Beta Eta Historical Documents from the Archives
Click on the documents below for a variety of historical documents about the chapter.