In 1920, 30 years after Idaho became a state and the University of Idaho was chartered, a petition from a local group, Chi Delta Phi, was accepted by Theta, and Beta Theta Chapter was installed. The ceremony took place in the chapter facility already owned by the local group. Beta Theta left the Moscow, Idaho, campus in 1986 but returned, in 2001.
From the very beginning, Theta alumnae have distinguished themselves in their careers and their volunteer endeavors. In fact, some are so well-known that they’re household names, and many have the distinction of being the first women in their professional fields. The archives takes this opportunity to recognize some of our more notable sisters.
Beta Theta Historical Documents from the Archives
Click on the documents below for a variety of historical documents about the chapter.