California State University, Fresno, is an outgrowth of the first junior college in California. The college’s first social club was the Atlanta Club; it became Alpha Theta Sorority when the junior college and the nearby teachers college merged in 1921. Alpha Theta Sorority was a leader on the Fresno campus and, in 1953, became Gamma Chi Chapter.
From the very beginning, Theta alumnae have distinguished themselves in their careers and their volunteer endeavors. In fact, some are so well-known that they’re household names, and many have the distinction of being the first women in their professional fields. The archives takes this opportunity to recognize some of our more notable sisters.
Gamma Chi Historical Documents from the Archives
Click on the documents below for a variety of historical documents about the chapter.