A Theta chapter at Ohio Wesleyan was chartered in 1881 as Ohio Gamma but soon became inactive due to the college’s stand against fraternities for women. Decades later, attitudes changed, and Theta returned to the Delaware, Ohio, campus as Gamma deuteron in 1924. The chapter became the first Panhellenic group on campus to own a chapter house.
From the very beginning, Theta alumnae have distinguished themselves in their careers and their volunteer endeavors. In fact, some are so well-known that they’re household names, and many have the distinction of being the first women in their professional fields. The archives takes this opportunity to recognize some of our more notable sisters.
Gamma deuteron Historical Documents from the Archives
Click on the documents below for a variety of historical documents about the chapter.