Gamma Kappa Chapter was installed at George Washington University — founded in 1821 to educate and prepare future leaders — in Washington, DC, in the fall of 1946. Eight transfer students spearheaded the effort to bring Theta to campus to join the 12 NPC groups already on campus. The installation banquet was held at the famous Mayflower Hotel. Gamma Kappa Chapter left the campus in 1975 and returned to George Washington in spring 2017.
From the very beginning, Theta alumnae have distinguished themselves in their careers and their volunteer endeavors. In fact, some are so well-known that they’re household names, and many have the distinction of being the first women in their professional fields. The archives takes this opportunity to recognize some of our more notable sisters.
Gamma Kappa Historical Documents from the Archives
Click on the documents below for a variety of historical documents about the chapter.