Auburn University’s roots go back to a men’s college established in 1856. Women were admitted in 1892, making Auburn the first four-year coeducational school in Alabama. When Gamma Omega Chapter received its charter in 1957, it became Theta’s first chapter in the state of Alabama. The chapter was closed in 2000 and reestablished in 2009.
From the very beginning, Theta alumnae have distinguished themselves in their careers and their volunteer endeavors. In fact, some are so well-known that they’re household names, and many have the distinction of being the first women in their professional fields. The archives takes this opportunity to recognize some of our more notable sisters.
Gamma Omega Historical Documents from the Archives
Click on the documents below for a variety of historical documents about the chapter.