Iowa State University required new fraternities coming to campus to own a chapter facility in Ames, so Kappa Alpha Theta purchased one in the late 1940s to support the long-held dream of Iowa alumnae: a chapter at Iowa State. With help from Ames and Des Moines alumnae, Gamma Pi Chapter was installed in 1948.
From the very beginning, Theta alumnae have distinguished themselves in their careers and their volunteer endeavors. In fact, some are so well-known that they’re household names, and many have the distinction of being the first women in their professional fields. The archives takes this opportunity to recognize some of our more notable sisters.
Gamma Pi Historical Documents from the Archives
Click on the documents below for a variety of historical documents about the chapter.