Supported by San Diego alumnae, Gamma Sigma Chapter was installed at San Diego State College — now San Diego State University — in 1951. The chapter’s history began, however, in 1928, when it was founded as Chen Yo. The group’s name had evolved to Chi Theta by 1951, when NPC groups were first admitted to the campus. Gamma Sigma Chapter left San Diego State in 2011 and returned in 2016.
From the very beginning, Theta alumnae have distinguished themselves in their careers and their volunteer endeavors. In fact, some are so well-known that they’re household names, and many have the distinction of being the first women in their professional fields. We take this opportunity to recognize some of our more notable sisters.
Gamma Sigma Historical Documents from the Archives
Click on the documents below for a variety of historical documents about the chapter.