Phi Chapter was formed in 1889 at University of the Pacific in San Jose, California. In 1892, the charter was transferred to Stanford University. Phi remained at Stanford until 1944, when women's fraternities were abolished on that campus. In 1959, Phi was reestablished at University of the Pacific, which was had relocated to Stockton, California.
From the very beginning, Theta alumnae have distinguished themselves in their careers and their volunteer endeavors. In fact, some are so well-known that they’re household names, and many have the distinction of being the first women in their professional fields. We take this opportunity to recognize some of our more notable sisters.
Phi Historical Documents from the Archives
Click on the documents below for a variety of historical documents about the chapter.