Kappa Alpha Theta International Headquarters houses Fraternity, Theta Foundation, and Fraternity Housing Corporation staff. Located in Indianapolis, Indiana, we employ more than 50 in-office and remote employees.
Kappa Alpha Theta Openings
Thank you for your interest in joining our team! Please check below for career opportunities with the Fraternity, Theta Foundation, and Fraternity Housing Corporation.
View Theta Openings
Responsible for planning and executing a major gift strategy as part of the overall fundraising efforts of Theta Foundation. This includes organizing and managing a major gifts portfolio centered on the identification, cultivation, and solicitation of prospects at the $15,000+ level. This position will also be responsible for soliciting six and seven figure gifts and for establishing strategies to educate donors about giving opportunities (including planned gifts), and to increase the number of these commitments. This role works directly with the Foundation Director of Advancement to execute goals and expectations of this position.
Essential functions include:
- Key responsibility is in-person and virtual visitation of Theta Foundation’s major donors and prospects. Through extensive travel and regular virtual meetings, identify, cultivate gift prospects with high charitable giving capacities to achieve defined goals.
- Maintain a portfolio of at least 75 prospective major donors. Develop detailed strategies for identifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding individual donors.
- Conduct basic prospect research prior to donor visits and supplement donor records with important information.
- Maintain timely and appropriate records in the donor database.
- Design/plan cultivation strategies for each prospect that lead to solicitation.
- Design/contribute to curated personalized stewardship opportunities for major donors.
- Ability to finalize and deliver donor proposals, agreements, pledge forms and other key documents for effective cultivation/solicitation, including personalized solicitation letters and tailored proposals.
- When visiting major prospect cities, coordinate donor cultivation events, as appropriate.
- Work within assigned travel budget for meetings, events, and expenses.
- Ability to make presentations to chapters, donor events and conventions as requested.
- Work collaboratively with volunteer leadership as appropriate.
- Pursue an ongoing understanding of fundraising trends and the non-profit community.
- Strong knowledge of Theta Foundation’s mission and passion for the cause. Ability to maintain strong relationships and articulately convey program impact/priorities to engage/upgrade donors and solicit major gifts.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge, and experience in the design and execution of a major gift strategy.
- Superb interpersonal skills and a demonstrated record of assignment completion.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and computer literacy.
- Ability to maintain relationships with significant and influential individuals and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of chapter and individual donors alike to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
- Energetic, detail-oriented professional with strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team-based environment, think big and set stretch goals. Candidate will be able to think quickly on their feet, adapt to different situations and feel comfortable traveling on a regular basis.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree plus minimum of 3 years of proven experience and performance in major gift fundraising, development, stewardship or related experience.
- Kappa Alpha Theta membership is preferred, but membership in any sorority or fraternity is a plus.
- Track record of building donor relationships and closing gifts of $15,000+.
- This position is remote and requires extensive travel and access to a major airport is essential.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
The Foundation project intern will be responsible for completing a stewardship initiative that will document the stories behind Theta Foundation’s 200+ scholarships. The intern will conduct outreach to Theta Foundation donors and stakeholders and utilize creative writing and research skills to compile short summaries about each scholarship for publication in future Theta Foundation materials and/or resources.
This is an Indianapolis-based summer internship with a flexible schedule of 15-20 hours per week.
- Outreach to Theta Foundation donors and stakeholders
- Save and organize information submitted by donors and stakeholders
- Synthesize stories in order to create short, impactful summaries for publication
- Edit and/or crop photos as needed
- Attend weekly Foundation department meetings and regular check-ins with executive director
- Other duties as assigned
- Firsthand professional experience for a portfolio and résumé
- Opportunities for collaboration and feedback
- Flexible working days/hours at Theta headquarters (Indianapolis, IN)
- Paid position
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Strong track-record of creative and/or persuasive writing
- Research-oriented mindset
- Ability to learn and implement new skills
- Self-motivated, organized, and detail-oriented
- Takes direction and feedback well
- Demonstrates creativity and initiative
- Eager to learn about Theta Foundation’s history
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Two (2) recent writing samples (within last six months)
How to Apply
To be considered for an opening, please complete the form below and include a résumé and cover letter.