- Officers and Staff
- Update Your Personal Information
- Recommend a Potential New Member
- Find a College Chapter or Alumnae Group
- The Kappa Alpha Theta Magazine
- Theta Marketplace
- Photo Zone
- National Panhellenic Conference
- Alumnae Dues
- Volunteer Interest Indicator (Online)
- Theta Discussions
- Kappa Alpha Theta Registry
Recommend a Potential New Member
Kappa Alpha Theta appreciates the efforts of its members who recommend outstanding young women for membership. The process of identifying qualified potential new members (PNMs) is a responsibility and a privilege that is shared by collegians and alumnae. Therefore, both are welcome and encouraged to write a Reference Form and Legacy Introduction for qualified PNMs.
How do I submit a reference form?
You may write a letter of reference if you are...
- An alumna member of the Fraternity in good standing
- An initiated college member of the Fraternity in good standing who is a member of another chapter
- An inactive college member of another chapter
- An affiliated college member submitting a reference form to her original chapter
- An unaffiliated college member submitting a reference form to a chapter other than her original chapter or to the chapter on her present campus
You can fill out the Reference Form and Legacy Introduction (Online) . The form, upon submittal, will automatically be sent to the chief recruiting officer (CRO) of the potential new member's (PNM's) college chapter. We strongly encourage members to submit the online form because it is faster and more secure than a hardcopy version.You may also choose to send the form via regular mail:
- Download and print the Reference Form and Legacy Introduction (PDF) .
- Fill out the form completely and mail it to the chapter of the school where the PNM is attending. We recommend sending it ATT: Chief Recruiting Officer. *Don't know the chapter address? Go to the Find a College Chapter or Alumnae Group page to search for the chapter or click the Recruitment Information link to the right.
Thank you for ensuring that Kappa Alpha Theta continues to recruit women who will help us reach our vision of being the organization that provides the finest and most rewarding membership experience.
A Theta legacy is defined as a daughter, granddaughter, great-granddaughter, or sister of a Kappa Alpha Theta member. Stepdaughters, step granddaughters, step great-granddaughters, and stepsisters are considered legacies if their family considers them as such and if the family asks that they be considered as such on the Reference Form and Legacy Introduction (Online) . These women deserve special consideration due to their existing connection to Kappa Alpha Theta and the values that define our organization.
There is no such thing as an indirect legacy (i.e., cousin, niece, etc.), and such persons are not given special consideration. However, we recognize that they may have special knowledge of and interest in Kappa Alpha Theta and are warmly welcomed and recruited.
The Reference Form and Legacy Introduction (Online) is a device whereby a Theta mother, sister, grandmother, or great-grandmother of a PNM may advise a chapter that her legacy will be going through primary recruitment. In some places, the relative may be the only Theta aware that the legacy intends to participate in recruitment at a campus. Please make sure to fill out Section II that specifically asks for legacy information.
Having received the Reference Form and Legacy Introduction, the chapter has an opportunity to seek out a reference for the legacy.
While Kappa Alpha Theta provides special consideration to legacies participating in the recruitment process, legacies are not guaranteed an invitation to membership, and a legacy may be released from Kappa Alpha Theta.