Naomi Tsai, Beta Omega/Colorado College, is the recipient of 2016 The Alpha Phi/Betty Mullins Jones Scholarship, funded by NPC Foundation. This scholarship is awarded to a college Panhellenic woman who has worked to further her sorority community's reputation on her campus and embodies the values of sisterhood, philanthropy and scholarship.
The $1,000 scholarship is awarded to Tsai in part because she is making a difference in sorority life by serving on her college Panhellenic executive board as the vice president of administration in just her freshman year. Now a sophomore majoring in organismal biology and ecology, she is also a member of the Outdoor Recreation Committee and serves as a youth mentor. "I have loved my time at Colorado College more than anything," Tsai said. "I am involved in a variety of activities, but I want to take on more leadership roles to become a role model for others."
At the 2016 National CASA Association Conference in Washington, DC last month, Kappa Alpha Theta awarded its Program Director of the Year award to Zane Grant of CASA of Pueblo County (Colorado). The recipient is someone who has taken significant actions to establish or expand a CASA/GAL program.
According to CASA, Zane "has been instrumental in the Colorado CASA program's growth and change, from public education efforts to increase funding to improving statewide public relations. Zane has lent his time and energy to strengthen Colorado CASA Association operations in order to better serve local programs."
Zane shared with Theta the following response upon receiving this award:
I can't begin to describe how honored I felt at the National CASA Conference in DC earlier this month when I received my award for the Program Director of the Year. It was a complete honor and what made it even more special was having a group of Thetas there to cheer me on and present the award to me! I want to thank each and every one of you from the bottom of my heart for your kindness and generosity. We love and appreciate our partnership with local Thetas very much and I wanted to again express my complete gratitude to you for this honor.
Learn more about Zane's accomplishments on the National CASA website.
Please join the chapter services department in welcoming these leading women selected to serve the Fraternity as the 2016-17 educational leadership consultants!
- Emily Callen, Beta Kappa/Drake
- Kassie Dobbs, Gamma Upsilon/Miami
- Meghan Finke, Gamma deuteron/Ohio Wesleyan
- Alyssa Franco, Gamma Iota/Kentucky
- Tamara Hansen, Gamma Chi/Fresno State
- Annie Hornung, Eta Sigma/Chapman *
- Ansley Howze, Eta Phi/Belmont
- McKenzie Jerman, Beta Omicron/Iowa
- Alex Johnston, Theta Theta/NC State
- Rebecca McAlexander, Gamma Mu/Maryland
- Jocelyn Nicotero, Lambda/Vermont
- Rachel Radmacher, Eta Omega/Saint Louis
- Sydney Rose, Eta Rho/James Madison
- Emma Silvers-Harnly, Alpha Xi/Oregon
- Presley Townsend, Gamma Omega/Auburn
- Paige Toxey, Gamma Omega/Auburn
- Aria Zommers, Beta Xi/UCLA
* Denotes returning ELC.
<< View Older Entries