The Coronavirus Update web page offers answers to some frequently asked questions, and chapter advisors, district officers, and Theta staff are also resources for you.
Kappa Alpha Theta headquarters is staffed by approximately 50 women and men who manage administrative aspects of the Fraternity, Theta Foundation and Fraternity Housing Corporation.
The first salaried position established by Kappa Alpha Theta was that of the editor in 1891. In 1909, the editor and grand secretary positions combined. L. Pearle Green, Grand Secretary from 1909 to 1939 and editor from 1911 to 1949, worked out of her sister's home in Ithaca, New York, and for many years this early home office served as the defacto central office of Kappa Alpha Theta. In 1922, Grand Council allocated funds for a central executive office with a secretary, clerical assistant, office rent, and equipment.
As early as 1974, Grand Council discussed the possibility of the Fraternity having its own building. Discussion centered on Indianapolis as the possible location for such an office. In 1979, a committee and funds were dedicated to the process. In 1982, ground was broken for the new home, and it was dedicated in 1983. Since coming to Indianapolis, there have been two executive directors, Marcia Bond, 1983 to 1997 and Elizabeth Sierk Corridan, 1997-2015. Corridan was named chief executive officer in December 2015. Headquarters expanded into a second building, next door to the 8740 building, in 2015. The CEO, Theta Foundation, and several other departments along with expanded meeting spaces are housed in the building at 3330 Founders Rd.