Theta’s Day of Service is on Wednesday, Oct. 19. This thoughtful day honors Bettie Locke Hamilton on her birthday by bringing collegians and alumnae together to do something meaningful and impactful to improve the world. Since its inception more than 12 years ago, tens of thousands of hours have been given unselfishly by Theta members to make a difference.
Thetas around the world are encouraged to spread the widest influence for good by doing something that improves your community. Below are a few options to consider:
- Volunteer at a local food pantry;
- Spread social media awareness for an important cause;
- Pick up trash in a local park;
- Reach out to people in your community who might be struggling emotionally;
- Pack school supplies for an elementary school;
- Mentor a student;
- Offer to read stories to children in the hospital; or
- Write notes or provide crafts for a senior living communities.
The opportunities are endless! Be creative, thoughtful, and call a friend to join you. Please know that whatever you chose to do matters. Your efforts will make a difference.
On behalf of Bettie and all the organizations that will benefit from your participation in Day of Service on Oct. 19, thank you!
You can upload photos from your Day of Service activities in ThetaConnect's Day of Service photo album!