Since its inception 10 years ago, the core purpose of Day of Service is to do something meaningful and impactful for each of our respective communities. If every single Theta completed some act of service, the world would be a kinder, happier, and more loving place.
Given the circumstances of COVID-19, we recognize that we don’t have the ability to celebrate Day of Service as we normally would. This year, we hope you consider getting involved in one of the following service activities that can be completed in socially distant small groups or individually:
- Volunteer at a local food pantry;
- Spread social media awareness for an important cause;
- Pick up trash in a local park;
- Reach out to people in your community who might be struggling;
- Pack school supplies for an elementary school;
- Mentor a student whose educational plans have been negatively affected by COVID;
- Write notes or provide crafts for senior living facilities unable to have visitors.
For more ideas on activities, log in to ThetaConnect and visit the Day of Service folder in the Resources area. If you take a photo of yourself or with sisters, please add it to ThetaConnect’s Day of Service 2020 photo album in the Photos area, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for helping us spread the widest influence for good!