4 Things to Do Now to Prepare for Theta Foundation’s 2022 Scholarship Application
Mark your calendars: Theta Foundation’s 2022 Scholarship Application will become available on Jan. 5! We are excited to, once again, offer merit- and need-based scholarships to members who plan to pursue a degree during the upcoming academic year. With the application launch quickly approaching, we want you to be as prepared as possible so that you feel confident going into the application process. Complete the following steps and you will already be well on your way to a successful scholarship application submission.
1. Determine your plans for the 2022-2023 academic year
Theta Foundation offers scholarships to collegians and alumnae for both undergraduate and graduate/professional study and the minimum award amount is $1,000. If you answer “yes” to the following questions, prepare to submit an application in 2022!
- Do you intend to pursue a degree-granting program during the 2022-2023 academic year? (Graduating seniors and/or alumnae returning to school: If you intend to pursue a graduate degree next year but have not yet been accepted into a program, you can still apply for Theta Foundation scholarships!)
- Do you expect to have at least $1,000 in eligible academic expenses (tuition, course-related fees, required textbooks/supplies) not fully funded by other scholarships or grants during the 2022-2023 academic year?
2. Start gathering required information, including:
- Kappa Alpha Theta member ID
- Don’t know your member ID? Don’t worry! There will be detailed instructions for obtaining it once the application becomes available.
- Cumulative GPA from the institution that either will confer your degree or conferred your most recent degree, exactly as listed on your official transcript
- Work experience, non-Theta activities, and Theta/Panhellenic service information
- Financial information
- This is only for undergraduate applicants intending to apply for need-based scholarships
- Make sure you complete and submit the FAFSA in a timely manner. Find more on that in this blog on the Theta website.
3. Brainstorm potential references
Theta Foundation’s scholarship application will require recommendations from two references: one Theta reference and one academic or professional reference. We encourage applicants to think about their reference choices in the context of a job application rather than for membership recruitment. Start thinking about who you might like to serve as your references now, and once the application is available, check to ensure they are eligible before sending requests.
4. Be on the lookout for more information
As the application launch approaches, keep an eye out for more information in your email inbox and on Theta’s social media channels.
In the meantime, you can learn more about Theta Foundation scholarships on our website. Wishing you all the best in 2022!