Mark your calendars: Theta Foundation’s 2021 Scholarship Application will become available on Thursday, January 7! Theta Foundation is thrilled to be able to support members who plan to pursue a degree during the upcoming academic year through our scholarship program. We want you to be as prepared as possible so that you feel confident going into the application process. Complete the following steps and you will already be well on your way to a successful scholarship application submission.
1. Determine Your Plans for the 2021-2022 Academic Year
Theta Foundation offers scholarships to collegians and alumnae for both undergraduate and graduate study and the minimum award amount is $1,000. Answer “yes” to the following questions and prepare to submit an application this year:
- Do you intend to pursue a degree-granting program during the 2021-2022 academic year? (Graduating seniors and/or alumnae returning to school: If you intend to pursue a graduate degree next year but have not yet been accepted into a program, you can still apply for Theta Foundation scholarships!)
- Do you expect to have at least $1,000 in eligible academic expenses (tuition, course-related fees, required textbooks/supplies) not fully funded by other scholarships or grants during the 2021-2022 academic year?
2. Start Gathering Required Information, Including:
- Kappa Alpha Theta member ID. Don’t know your member ID? Not to worry! There will be detailed instructions for obtaining it once the application becomes available.
- Current or most recent cumulative GPA from the institution that will confer/has conferred your degree, exactly as listed on your official transcript.
- Work experience, non-Theta activities, and Theta/Panhellenic service information.
- Financial information (only for undergraduate applicants intending to apply for need-based scholarships) – make sure you complete and submit the FAFSA in a timely manner! More on that in this blog.
3. Brainstorm Potential References
Theta Foundation’s scholarship application will require recommendations from two references: one Theta reference and one academic/professional reference. We encourage applicants to think about their reference choices in the context of a job application rather than for membership recruitment. Start thinking about who you might like to serve as your references now, and once the application is available, check to ensure they are eligible before sending requests.
4. Be on the Lookout for More Information
As the application launch approaches, keep an eye out for more information via email and Theta’s social media channels!
In the meantime, you can learn more about Theta Foundation scholarships on our website. Wishing you all the best in 2021!