Announcing the 2022 Reading Women Book Club List
The Reading Women Book Club is an online book community specifically for Thetas. It is a Facebook group that any collegian or alumna can request to join. Above all else, it’s a place where Thetas can connect over a shared love of reading. Two ways group members can connect are through the monthly book discussions and annual Holiday Hannah book exchange.
How do the sessions work?
The monthly discussions are held on the second Wednesday of each month at 8:30 p.m. Eastern and last about 30 minutes. As the moderator, I post questions every few minutes, and attendees post thoughts and responses. It’s a unique arrangement in that it creates a connection across the miles as we’re all joining from our homes, and members join as their schedules allow. If you’re new to the group, you can jump in at any time!
What books does the group read?
We have read a little bit of everything! Each fall, a nomination and voting process opens for group members’ participation. The nominated books consist of a variety of genres. I often hear from group members that what they love about the selections is that they are exposed to books they would have never read otherwise, and they have the bonus experience of being able to talk about it with other members.
What's on the reading list for 2022?
One of the extra-special things about the 2022 list is that we have four Theta authors!
- January 12 – The Guest List by Lucy Foley
- February 9 - The Rose Code by Kate Quinn
- March 9 - Turn of the Silver Wheel by Shawn Keller Cooper, Delta Xi/North Carolina
- April 13 – The Midnight Library by Matt Haig
- May 11 – The Tea Girl of Hummingbird Lane by Lisa See
- June 8 - Rush: Memoir of a Gay Sorority Girl by Kristin Griffith, Alpha Iota/Washington-St. Louis
- July 13 – The Invisible Life of Addie Larue by Ve Schwab
- August 10 – Lady Sunshine by Amy Mason Doan, Omega/UC Berkeley
- September 14 – The Book of Lost Friends by Lisa Wingate
- October 12 - The Last Thing He Told Me by Laura Dave, Beta Eta/Pennsylvania
- November 9 – The Girl with the Louding Voice by Abi Dare
- December 14 – The House in the Cereulean Sea by TJ Klune
How do I join?
The link to join the Reading Women Facebook group is on the Theta website or you can search for “Reading Women Thetas” in Facebook and click Join Group.