The last week of September marks National Hazing Prevention Week (NHPW). While chapters, communities, and campuses are encouraged to engage in hazing prevention-related programming at any point during the year, this week focuses specifically on intentional education, discussion, and action related to hazing.
As shared by the Hazing Prevention Network, the theme for the NHPW 2023 is “Empowered to prevent hazing.” Focusing on educating, advocating, promoting, and fundraising, this year’s NHPW recognizes the 15 years of Hazing Prevention Network’s dedication to hazing prevention.
When engaging in hazing prevention work, centering programming in resources created by subject matter experts and trained professionals is critical. Ensuring hazing education content is accurate, current, and impactful is key!
Below you’ll find five links to educational resources that are created, sponsored, and endorsed by hazing prevention professionals.
- Toolkit & Training: 10 Signs of Healthy & Unhealthy Groups™, StopHazing and OneLove
- Article: The Spectrum of Hazing™, StopHazing researchers, Dr. Allan & Dr. Kerschner
- Webinar: Alcohol and Hazing: Examining the Intersections and Considering Implications for Campus Prevention, Higher Education Center for Alcohol and Drug Misuse Prevention and Recovery
- Webinar: Recognizing & Preventing Hazing, The Clery Center
- Involvement Opportunity: Student Network for Advocacy & Prevention (SNAP), StopHazing
This National Hazing Prevention Week, we hope you’ll take the time to engage in impactful prevention activities supported by these resources.