Getting a “Handle” on Theta’s Official Hashtags
In my role as social media specialist, I have the pleasure of interacting with Thetas online every day. I consider representing Kappa Alpha Theta on social media a big responsibility, and I keep Theta’s mission and values in mind as I respond to comments and disseminate content on behalf of the organization. I try to bring Theta’s authentic “voice” to our social media presence, with the goal of keeping thousands of Thetas connected to and engaged with this beloved sisterhood.
One of my favorite aspects of social media is its ability to amplify positive momentum. For example, if a member completes a service project as part of 150 Days of Celebrating Service, she has done her part to spread the widest influence for good and can be proud of her contribution. If she posts about the experience on a social media platform, her entire friend network will learn about her good deed and perhaps be inspired to serve, as well. And if I, as Theta’s social media specialist, am able to see and share her content, thousands of women all over the world can continue spreading the widest influence for good in her stead. The ripple effect of our digital world allows one act of love to reach thousands or even millions of other people.
By using Theta’s official hashtags, you can be an advocate for Kappa Alpha Theta online. Help spread the word about important aspects of Theta using these hashtags:
- #Theta1870: The official Theta hashtag. If you are posting about Theta generally and other, more specific hashtags do not apply, this is the best one to use. This is also the hashtag to use for Founders Day.
- #LeadingWomen: Our tagline applies to many members who are leading the way on campus, in the workplace, in their communities, and in their personal lives. Use this hashtag anytime you are posting about a Theta who is showing leadership in her actions.
- #Theta16: The official hashtag of Grand Convention 2016!
- #ThetaELCs: For any post about our educational leadership consultant (ELC) program.
- #ThetaFoundation: For any posts related to Theta Foundation programs and services.
- #ThetaHighFives: We use this hashtag when recognizing outstanding volunteers every other Friday, but feel free to use it anytime you want to give someone a shout-out!
- #ThetaHistory: This hashtag is used for our #ThrowbackThursday posts and anytime we talk about Theta’s history. You might have also noticed that content posted to this hashtag on Twitter and Instagram is displayed on our heritage site!
- #ThetaHousing: For any posts about the Fraternity Housing Corporation or Theta facilities.
- #ThetaLove: For any general post about sisterhood. We can all use some #ThetaLove!
- #ThetaScholar: For posts related to Thetas pursuing academic excellence.
- #ThetaService: For any post about Thetas engaging in service work or helping others.
- #Theta150: For posts associated with our 150 Days of Celebrating Service initiative and any future content related to celebrating our sesquicentennial!
As always, if you have Theta photos to share, please email them to email@example.com. Thank you for helping us tell Theta’s story online!