Today is the first day of Mentoring Week. This week focuses on how Thetas can celebrate members who have served as mentors in our lives, the mentees they assist when seeking career and networking help, and the opportunities to find and be mentors for other Thetas.
Now is the perfect time for you to reach out to another Theta and find a mentor or serve as one! A Theta mentor can:
- Review a résumé and practice interviewing techniques;
- Answer industry-specific questions;
- Help connect you with others in your chosen career field and open doors at the workplace;
- Offer advice, tips, and suggestions for job hunting, graduate school applications, etc.;
- Be a listening ear for you as you share your frustrations, future goals, and of course successes; and
- So much more!
The best way to find a mentor is through ThetaConnect, the Thetas-only online platform where members can network with each other. Not a member yet? Here’s how to join. Nearly 4,000 Theta alumnae have indicated they are willing to help other Thetas!
During Mentoring Week (and any week of the year!), here’s what you can do:
- Sign up/log in to ThetaConnect.
- Find a Theta mentor in the Mentoring area. Here you can find dozens of suggestions for you to reach out to another Theta in your chosen career. Or, review your mentoring settings to let other Thetas know you want to help.
- Share your ThetaConnect story so we can tell other Thetas how ThetaConnect can benefit them in their Theta membership experience.
if you have questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy Mentoring Week!