World Mental Health Day
The World Health Organization (WHO) and World Federation for Mental Health (WFMH) recognize World Mental Health Day (WMHD) each year on Oct. 10. WMHD was first observed in 1992, and exists to raise awareness and incite action within the global community. The official theme for WMHD 2022 is “Make Mental Health & Well-Being for All a Global Priority.”
Learn more about WMHD and how you can get involved below:
- About World Mental Health Day
- WMHD 2022 Campaign Toolkit
- WMHD Educational Booklets
- WMHD Engagement Suggestions
As we aim to increase the dialogue around and support for all aspects of mental health, members are encouraged to take advantage of the resources compiled on the Mental Health Resources page of the Theta website, including the free Mental Health Screening.
- Healthy Relationships With One Love: Tuesday, Oct. 18 | 7:00 p.m. EDT / 6:00 p.m. CDT / 5:00 p.m. MDT / 4:00 p.m. PDT. All undergraduate members are invited to join us for a conversation with One Love focused on healthy and unhealthy relationships and how you can help spread awareness within your chapter and campus community. We will also discuss One Love’s newest campaign focused on digital abuse and close with identifying opportunities to partner with One Love on your campus.
- "You Can Help a Friend" Workshop: Tuesday, Oct. 25 | 8:00 p.m. EDT / 7:00 p.m. CDT / 6:00 p.m. MDT / 5:00 p.m. PDT. All undergraduate members are invited to join us for a mental health workshop with The Jed Foundation focused on how to recognize and respond to signs of distress in your peers.
- "You Can Help a Student" Workshop: Thursday, Oct. 27 | 8:00 p.m. EDT / 7:00 p.m. CDT / 6:00 p.m. MDT / 5:00 p.m. PDT. All advisors and alumnae are invited to join us for a mental health workshop with The Jed Foundation (JED) focused on understanding how to identify and support struggling students.
On this World Mental Health Day, we encourage members to consider how they can contribute to the WMHD 2022 theme by making mental health a priority within their community.