Sisters Supporting Sisters
Sisters Supporting Sisters is a mental health initiative designed to increase the dialog concerning and support for all aspects of mental health. Goals of the program include creating a safe environment for members to discuss mental health issues, providing guidance for recognizing signs of and helping members with mental health challenges, and supporting members facing mental health challenges and disorders.
Sisters Supporting Sisters provides online resource materials for college chapters and advisors to openly discuss, recognize, and provide guidance for members facing mental health challenges and disorders. Through partnerships Kappa Alpha Theta has developed with mental health professionals and organizations, Sisters Supporting Sisters is the first Greek initiative dedicated to promoting all aspects of mental health and wellness.
- Resource Guide
- Alcohol Awareness and Prevention
- Attention Deficit Disorder/Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder for Adults in School and the Workplace
- Bystander Intervention and Hazing Prevention
- Depression and Suicide Awareness
- Domestic Violence Awareness Month
- Help for the Helper
- May Is Mental Health Awareness Month
- Mental Health Myths and Facts
- Online Mental Health Screenings
- Self-Esteem and Body Image
- Tips for Healthy Communication
- Webinar Today: Helping Teens through Anxious Times
- Video: Teen Voices: Coping with the Pandemic
- Video: Ambiguous Grief: Managing Emotional Losses During the Pandemic
- Video: Interrupted Grief: Modifying Our Rituals
- Webinar: What to Know About Mental Health for Remote & On-Site Teams
- Tip Sheets: Mental Health Bundle
- COVID-19: All Resources
Kappa Alpha Theta encourages members to seek out resources to help with their mental health. This includes technology and we’ve listed resources below that members may find useful:
- Crisis Text Line: To reach the helpline, Text “HOME” to 741741 (US) or 686868 (Canada)
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- To Write Love on Her Arms resources page
- JED Foundation
- Psychology Today (US) or (Canada)
- Seize the Awkward
- Crisis Centres Across Canada
- PTSD Coach
- Circle of 6
- One Love myPlan App
Mental Health Screening
It only takes a few minutes to determine if you or someone you care about should connect with a mental health professional.Take the Screening
The Sisters Supporting Sisters initiative is a Fraternity program sponsored by a grant from Kappa Alpha Theta Foundation.Learn More
Sexual Assault Statement
Kappa Alpha Theta:
- Supports survivors of sexual misconduct and sexual violence.
- Is committed to engaging members in prevention and intervention efforts.
- Does not support events contributing to the objectification/sexualization of groups of people, including women, or the reinforcement of restrictive gender roles.
- Works to connect members to resources to prevent sexual misconduct and sexual violence, as well as resources for those members who are survivors of interpersonal violence.
- Encourages all college chapters to host presentations from campus/professional experts on college/university policies and procedures, as well as on prevention and intervention best practices and recommendations on an ongoing, regular basis.