Jul 6, 2017 : Indianapolis, IN
Basic Function: Oversee strategic planning for, and implementation and oversight of, information and technology for Kappa Alpha Theta Fraternity, Foundation, and Housing Corporation.
Responsible for crafting a strategic approach to Kappa Alpha Theta’s information technology capability that ensures it supports the day-to-day work of all employees, volunteers, and officers. This includes identifying and addressing tactical and operational issues with the current IT service while finding cost-effective ways to deliver an improved service to all our members.
Engage at a variety of levels, including the executive leadership team, to help develop strategies with key stakeholders to address their ongoing business, financial, data, and technical support needs.
Oversee daily internal operations and coordinate resources.
• Identifying strategy for Kappa Alpha Theta’s technology systems
and overseeing subsequent implementations. This task will include:
o Strategic technology leadership, overall technology oversight
and monitoring, and aligning IT resources with key business
o Understanding needs of key stakeholders and translating those
needs into technology systems that support them;
o Facilitating the negotiation of requirements among stakeholders;
o Assisting stakeholders with technology planning for the future;
o Creating, analyzing, and validating detailed functional
specifications for software evaluation and selection;
o Identifying current business processes and creating roadmap for
• Developing elements of systems design, including data management and migration rules, business rules, and other detailed deliverables.
• Operating within annual budget and presenting proposed budgets annually.
• Developing and maintaining a two-year IT strategic plan to ensure that Kappa Alpha Theta's IT capabilities meet current needs and that system upgrades and other changes are consistent with the changing needs of the organization.
• Staying abreast of new developments in technology and processes, foreseeing problems, and providing solutions for both current and future needs.
• Providing oversight to the integration, security, and integrity of all technology systems.
• Ensuring tracking, assigning, support, and quality assurance for all technology projects including systems, development, and project management.
• Communicating effectively with non-technical stakeholders.
• Deep technical experience, senior-level project management, and IT system delivery experience. A high degree of flexibility in order to achieve objectives and meet demands.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to confidently interact with all levels of constituencies.
• Ability to work in a collaborative atmosphere.
• Influences others to achieve results that are in the best interest of Kappa Alpha Theta.
• Proven ability to develop and administer department budget within established procedures, including accurate financial reporting, and developing proposals for projects and programs.
• Strong ability to understand and solve technological challenges.
• Exhibits excellent strategic planning and organizational skills.
• Organizational development skills and experience in management of a team of three or more.
• Bachelor’s degree required. Graduate degree or relevant certification preferred.
• Minimum of five years of experience working in a direct IT function.
• Minimum of three years of experience in a senior management role.
Reports to the CEO, manages IT manager, and works closely with other members of the executive and management teams.
If you are interested in this exempt (salaried), executive-level, full-time position, please send a cover letter, resume, salary expectations, and list of three references to Administrative Coordinator Ruth Charles-Myers, firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Contact by email: