Theta Foundation’s 2019 Scholarship Application: How to Prepare
For many, the start of a new year comes with looking toward the future – setting goals with the intention of making positive changes in our lives. It takes planning and preparation to set those goals in motion. If one of your goals for 2019 includes completing and submitting a Theta Foundation Scholarship Application, you’re in luck! This blog post will help you prepare for the upcoming application, which is for scholarships to be awarded for the 2019-20 academic year. Complete these steps and you will already be on your way to checking off one goal for the new year!
1. Determine your plans for the 2019-20 academic year.
Theta Foundation offers scholarships for both undergraduate and graduate study and the minimum award amount is $1,000. Answer “yes” to the following questions and prepare to submit an application this year:
- Do you intend to pursue a degree-granting program during the 2019-20 academic year? (Graduating seniors: If you intend to pursue a graduate degree next year but have not yet been accepted into a program, you can still apply for Theta Foundation scholarships!)
- Do you expect to have at least $1,000 in eligible academic expenses (tuition, course-related fees, required textbooks/supplies) not fully funded by other scholarships or grants during the 2019-20 academic year?
2. Start gathering required information, including:
- Kappa Alpha Theta member ID. Don’t know your member ID? Not to worry! There will be detailed instructions for locating it once the application becomes available.
- Current or most recent cumulative GPA from the institution that will confer/has conferred your degree, exactly as listed on your official transcript.
- Work experience, non-Theta activities, and Theta/Panhellenic service information.
- Financial information (only for undergraduate applicants intending to apply for need-based scholarships) – make sure you complete and submit the FAFSA in a timely manner! More on that here.
3. Brainstorm potential references.
As in previous years, Theta Foundation’s scholarship application will require recommendations from two references: one Theta reference and one academic reference. We encourage applicants to think about their reference choices in the context of a job or academic application rather than in terms of membership recruitment. Start thinking about who you might like to serve as your references now and once the application is available, check to ensure they are eligible before sending requests
4. Be on the lookout for more information!
As the application launch approaches, keep an eye out for more information via email and Theta’s social media channels!
In the meantime, you can learn more about Theta Foundation scholarships on