Kappa Alpha Theta marked the beginning of her sesquicentennial year on January 27, 2020. Thetas from around the world joined to celebrate this monumental milestone and the Fraternity which links them all through sisterhood. At the time, we had little idea what 2020 would have in store for Theta … or for any of us. Due to the ongoing effects of the coronavirus, our observance of the sesquicentennial looks different than it did in January, but 2020 still marks 150 years of Kappa Alpha Theta sisterhood.
Consider trying some of these 10 ways to celebrate during the next eight months.
- Watch The Kite with your family or those close to you and share with them why Kappa Alpha Theta is special to you.
- Purchase 150 Years of Kappa Alpha Theta for yourself, your chapter facility, or a sister and experience the past 150 years of sisterhood through photos, artifacts, quotes, and stories.
- Send some snail mail with these sesquicentennial notecards to the special Thetas in your life.
- Add a little sparkle to your social media and your digital devices with the celebration kit. Full of mobile wallpapers, social media cover photos, social media post designs, profile photo overlays, and special GIPHY stickers, you can let all your followers know that it is Kappa Alpha Theta’s sesquicentennial year!
- Spend some time reflecting on what Kappa Alpha Theta means to you. Every Theta has a story. What’s yours? Share your personal Theta story with us!
- Reunite virtually with sisters such as your new member class. For ideas on how to connect, check out our reunion toolkit in Theta Portal! Just go to Documents > Alumnae.
- Add to your badge collection with the 2020 Jewelry Collection. The 2020 badge is an exact replica of the founders’ badges, and a sesquicentennial charm or guard will add a little extra bling to your current badge.
- Purchase exclusive sesquicentennial apparel to celebrate while staying comfy at home or show off your black and gold on the go.
- Give a gift to Kappa Alpha Theta Foundation and support Theta sisters near or far in their academic or personal pursuits as leading women.
- Share how you are staying connected and celebrating with your sisters at home by using #Theta150.